Samsung SH100 14 Megapixel WiFi Digital Camera
- Resolution: 14 MP
- LCD Size: 3.0"
- Shutter: 8 - 1/2000 sec.
- Price: $119 - $199/£119 - £199
If you're looking to separate your camera from your phone at a low price, you're just the type of customer Samsung had in mind when they released the SH100. For the price the SH100 is a great compact point-and-shoot which gives you decent picture quality and more functionality than a smartphone. The picture quality is extremely good for its class; video is another question entirely.
Perhaps its nicest feature is its ability to connect wirelessly with a Samsung Galaxy smartphone. This allows the camera to be operated remotely by using the phone's display as a viewfinder. It's a handy little feature that allows you to take self-portraits and family shots without having to use an annoying timer. Wireless connectivity also lets you to transfer photos and videos to remote devices. That said, transferring videos is fairly slow and limited in file size.
After putting the SH100 through its paces we were satisfied that it's a great economy camera for someone who doesn't already have a smartphone. It's also a good option for fans of point-and-shoot cameras who don't want the hassle of having to manually set up shots. The SH100 is not worth the investment if you're satisfied with the picture quality and features of your smartphone camera.
Advantages: extremely affordable price; compact size; built-in wireless capabilities; comparatively good picture quality.
Disadvantages: poor performance in low light conditions; slow boot time and recycle rates; slow wireless transfers.
Price and Availability: the SH100 is available worldwide US price: $119-$199; UK price: £119-£199
Release Date: January 4, 2011
- Megapixel Count 5/5
- Lens 3.5/5
- Shutter Lag & Sensor Size 3.5/5
- Flash 4/5
- Memory Card 5/5
- Resolution: 4230 x 3240 (14.0mp)
- Kit Lens: Samsung 26mm
- View Finder: N/A
- LCD Size: 3"
- ISO: 80- 3200
- Shutter: 8 - 1/2000 sec.
- Max Aperture: F3.3-F5.9
- Dimensions: 93 x 53 x 19mm (3.7 x 2.1 x 0.7 in.)
- Samsung NX100 14.6 Megapixel Weight: 4.7 oz. (w/battery and card)
- MSRP: USD $199
- Availability: worldwide
- General Information: 802.11 Wi-fi capability with out-of-the-box connectivity to Samsung Galaxy phone; DLNA networking.
- Image Sensor: CCD (14.0mp)
- Image Capture: JPEG, DCF, EXIF 2.21, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge: 1.0 formats; 8 res options
- Video Capture: H.264 MP4
- Optics: optical zoom 5x; DIS, OIS; focal length 26-130mm
- Auto Focus: yes (no manual); face detection, Smart Auto, Smart Filter
- Display: 3" touch-screen WQVGA LCD, 230K
- Exposure and Flash: 0 EV; built-in flash 1.8m
- Image Storage: internal 6.9MB; external SD/SDHC
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, video out NTSC, PAL
- Power: BP85A rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (850mAh)
- Software: Intelli-studio, PC Auto Backup (Windows only)
More Samsung Digital Camera Reviews
- Samsung MV800 16.1 Megapixel Multiview
- Samsung NX200 20.3 Megapixel Compact System Camera
- Samsung WB150F 14 Megapixel Smart Camera
- Samsung PL20 32 MB 14.2 Megapixel Streamlined Digital Camera
- Samsung WB850F Smart Camera with Built-in-Wi-fi
- Samsung TL500 10 Megapixel Rotating LCD Digital Camera
- Samsung SH100 14 Megapixel WiFi Digital Camera
- Samsung NX100 14.6 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Samsung NX10 14.6 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Samsung ST65 32MB 14.2 Megapixel Digital Still Camera