Samsung NX10 14.6 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Resolution: 14 MP
- LCD Size: 3.0"
- Shutter: auto, 1/4000sec. ~ 30sec.
- Price: $600/£490
In January 2010 Samsung set out to move into the micro 4/3 community along with rivals Panasonic and Olympus. However, for a reason Samsung has yet to explain, they wanted to stick with a proprietary lens mount. Thus the NX10 interchangeable lens digital camera was born. Samsung produced a fairly decent product which definitely commanded some attention in the D-SLR world, but unfortunately, despite modest success the camera was discontinued and replaced with the DX11 some 13 months later.
The strong points of the NX10 were its high-contrast OLED screen, relatively quick focusing speed, and noticeably low shutter lag. The combination of all three allowed users comfortable with the camera to get shots as good as some higher-priced models from the competition. The NX10 seemed to have a lot going for it; so much so that many people believe the proprietary lens mount is solely responsible for its short production run.
Users tend to rate the camera 4 out of 5, on average, with most of the complaints coming by way of soft images with the default lens kit. There also appears to be some noise issues around the ISO 16000 level. The fact that it's been discontinued makes a purchase recommendation moot, though when it was being manufactured it was a great option for those who did not mind the limited lens capacity.
Advantages: easy to use interface; near D-SLR image quality; compact design; great speed and overall performance; high contrast display (great in the sunlight).
Disadvantages: a bit on the pricey side; proprietary lens mount; lack of compatible accessories.
Price and Availability: the NX10 is no longer being produced brand-new, you maybe able to snap the old model up still at some websites -- but it's been replaced by the NX11 - US price: approx. $600 UK price: £490
Release Date: January 4, 2010
- Megapixel Count 4/5
- Lens 3/5
- Shutter Lag & Sensor Size 5/5
- Flash 4/5
- Memory Card 5/5
- Resolution: 4592 x 3056 (14.0 mp)
- Kit Lens: Samsung NX Mount 18-55mm OIS Lens
- View Finder: electronic, color support
- LCD Size: 3"
- ISO: auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Shutter: auto, 1/4000sec. ~ 30sec.
- Max Aperture: F3.5-F5.6
- Dimensions: 4.84" x 3.42" x 1.57"
- Weight: 12.5 oz.
- MSRP: USD $699.99
- Availability: discontinued
- General Information: Proprietary lens mount made the camera incompatible with third-party lenses; several exposure and metering modes improved picture quality; utilize the DRIMe II Pro processor.
- Image Sensor: CMOS, APS-C Format (14.6 mp)
- Image Capture: RAW (SRW), JPEG (EXIF 2.21), DCF, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge 1.0 formats; 9 res options
- Video Capture: H.264 MP4; 3 res options
- Optics: 18-55mm OIS lens; optical zoom 3.1x equivalent
- Auto Focus: single and continuous; manual as well
- Display: 3" AMOLED, fixed
- Exposure and Flash: +/- 3 EV (1/2EV, 1/3EV step) with metering; built-in flash with +/- compensation
- Image Storage: none internal; external SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, HDMI, video/audio out NTSC, PAL
- Power: Li-ion rechargeable battery - 1300 mAh
- Software: Software Samsung Raw Converter, Samsung Master, Drivers & Utilities
More Samsung Digital Camera Reviews
- Samsung MV800 16.1 Megapixel Multiview
- Samsung NX200 20.3 Megapixel Compact System Camera
- Samsung WB150F 14 Megapixel Smart Camera
- Samsung PL20 32 MB 14.2 Megapixel Streamlined Digital Camera
- Samsung WB850F Smart Camera with Built-in-Wi-fi
- Samsung TL500 10 Megapixel Rotating LCD Digital Camera
- Samsung SH100 14 Megapixel WiFi Digital Camera
- Samsung NX100 14.6 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Samsung NX10 14.6 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera
- Samsung ST65 32MB 14.2 Megapixel Digital Still Camera